Crossings is committed to recruiting dedicated, qualified nurses, cultivating a workforce that provides safe patient care to our campers, and staff. We seek a licensed nurse (RN, or LVN) to join our crew as we work to uncover the beauty in God’s creation and His Word. You’ll talk with students, handle and give them medications, manage the infirmary, and work with our church leaders and staff. Crossings camps serve youth ages 5 and older. The camp runs from 05/31/2018 to 08/01/2018. Room and board are provided. Compensation is competitive and based on experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintaining, collecting, and organizing appropriate medical forms for students
- Communicating with group leaders determining what specific students’ needs are for their duration at camp (food allergies, medical needs, behavioral needs) and communicate with appropriate camp staff to ensure needs are carried out.
- Supply and maintain infirmary and ensuring it is in clean and operable condition
- Conducting daily health surveillance and sick call for students
- Responding to and administering appropriate treatment for injuries or illness
- Dispensing medications as per standing orders
- Assessing injured or sick students while at camp, providing care, and finally decide if they are suitable to continue the program, or if they must be sent home.
- Able to identify emergency situations and act appropriately with Emergency action plans
- Maintain medical treatment logs and medication administration records
- Consult with staff directors regarding any unusual medical occurrences or situations during the course of the program
- Must be able to communicate effectively with students, group leaders, and parents/guardians
- Unrestricted active nursing license, RN preferred.
- Proof of professional liability insurance preferred.
- Pediatric experience preferred
- Must have flexible schedule and on call capabilities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and basic computer skills