5 Reasons You Should Sponsor a Child in Haiti
Crossings Ministries is privileged to be ministry partners with Baptist Haiti Mission (BHM). Crossings’ has a strategic goal of helping BHM raise support for 1,000 additional children in Haiti. Will you commit to giving $25 a month to provide a child with a real relationship with you, a necessary education, medical aid, and the regular opportunity to hear the Gospel and learn the Bible:
Here are five reasons why we think your $25 is a wise kingdom investment for you:
1. BHM is a model of Gospel faithfulness and has a long-term investment in the region. When BHM began over 70 years ago, Wallace Turnbull went into the most impoverished region of the country. He literally cut a path into the mountains. Today, the mountainsides are covered in terraces, the region has a thriving agricultural economy, the people have social and economic stability, and there are hundreds of active churches. This is all because of BHM’s long-term investment in the region for over 70 years. BHM does a fantastic job of biblically focusing on both the spiritual well-being and the physical well-being of the people. You can trust that these children will both hear the Gospel regularly and have their physical needs met.
[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”]
2. The BHM Child Sponsorship Program encourages sponsors to develop a real relationship with the child. When you sponsor a child, you can select the child and follow their progress. All sponsors are encouraged to write letters to their children. These letters are translated for the children and then the children write a letter back. Sponsors are also encouraged to send care packages, small birthday presents, and other ways of supporting both the child and their family. Sponsors are even encouraged to come to Haiti for a visit. You as a sponsor can become a catalyst within a child’s life as the Lord pursues them and they (we pray!) pursue the Lord.
3. The BHM Child Sponsorship Program provides a necessary education. Your $25 a month will provide the child with books, a uniform, and the opportunity to receive a basic education. Many people in Haiti are illiterate, which creates barriers to social mobility and, more significantly, to reading and knowing God’s Word.
[/fusion_builder_column][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”]
4. The BHM Child Sponsorship Program meets medical needs. Because medical aid can be expensive, the opportunity to receive it is not always an option for young children. Children within the sponsorship program receive all necessary vaccines and are provided medical assistance in the case of sickness or an accident.
5. The BHM Child Sponsorship Program sows Gospel seeds. While caring for physical needs is necessary for an impoverished country like Haiti, the spiritual needs are greater. These children need to hear the Gospel and believe in Jesus. The BHM Child Sponsorship Program ensures these children hear the Gospel and are brought up in a Christian worldview. While a biblical education does not save children, it plants the necessary seeds that will point them toward the cross of Jesus.
Will you support a child today? There are 20,000 children available to sponsor of the 55,000 in BHM-affiliated schools. Please visit www.bhm.org/child-sponsorship.html to change a life and build a relationship. You can also support children by hosting a Sponsorship Sunday Event. Email us at [email protected] or visit www.bhm.org/get-involved for more information.[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]