Crossings Ministries exists to proclaim the Gospel and to see God transform lives, grow leaders, and partner with the church to the glory of Christ.
1. Personal Transformation — God is in the business of changing lives through the proclamation of the Gospel. The Gospel reorients us to what we were created to do: to worship the one true and living God (Matthew 28:18-20; Romans 12:1-2; Galatians 5:22-23).
2. Biblical Teaching — God’s Word, through the power of the Spirit, has the sole power to change lives (2 Timothy 3:14-17; Hebrews 4:12; 2 Peter 1:3-4; James 1:22-25).
3. Local Church Partnership — God has tasked the local church with equipping the saints. Therefore, in everything we do, our role is one of strategic support and partnership (Ephesians 4:9-16).
4. Discipling Relationships — We build relationships for the purpose of discipleship (2 Timothy 2:1-2). We are called to make disciples who observe everything that Jesus commands (Matthew 28:18-20).
5. Missional Mindset — The scope of God’s kingdom and the Gospel call includes the nations (Matt 9:37-38; Matt 24:14; Matt 28:18-20). We work to see lives transformed in all nations and among all peoples.
6. Worshipful Focus — Everything that we do is an act of worship and stewardship because all things are from Christ Jesus and are for Christ Jesus. We therefore work to please him by pursuing excellence and integrity in our personnel, processes, and product (Genesis 1:28; Colossians 1:15-18; 3:23-24).
Crossings Ministries has a rich history that testifies to God’s work in changing lives through his Gospel. We are grateful that our legacy includes thousands of young students who have repented of their sins and followed Christ while at camp. We are eager to press forward in the endeavor of proclaiming the Gospel and of being used by God to see lives changed. We are also eager to continue our partnership with the local church, serving and supporting their mission of presenting “every man complete in Christ” (Colossians 1:28).
God is in the business of changing lives. Every day in all kinds of places and in all kinds of situations, God is changing lives. Student camps are just one arena in which God works every day. Yet, student camps create a unique experience whereby the normal distractions of life, school, work, and responsibility can be set aside. This distraction-free environment allows us to proclaim the Gospel, teach God’s Word, and invite students and adults alike to reorient their focus to God. As students hear the Gospel proclaimed and the Word of God taught, they are invited to assess their lives and to adjust their lives to match the standard of God’s calling. It is this deliberate focus that creates the opportunity for powerful life change at camp.
We Are Committed to Kids and Students
Today, the need to reach students with the message of the Gospel is critical. The world and culture surrounding them is as evil as it has ever been. Students are tempted constantly with the allure of materialism, success, and sinful pleasure. We need to reach today’s students and children with the timeless truth of the Gospel. We need to call students to deny themselves, take up their cross, and to follow Christ. We need to call students to dedicate their lives to faithful discipleship. We want to see students find true joy in an abiding relationship with their heavenly Father and Creator.
We Are Committed to Missions
While we are passionate about proclaiming the Gospel to students, we also are committed to proclaiming the Gospel to the ends of the earth. In fact, at every camp, we invite students to consider how they can obey the Great Commission. We invite students to give to missions every summer. Our 2016 camps raised over $120,000 for Cuban missionaries to Ecuador and over $26,000 for Baptist Haiti Mission. We also enjoy a strategic partnership with Baptist Haiti Mission, a ministry with over 70 years of faithful work in proclaiming the Gospel, equipping the church, and developing the community around them. We invite students and churches to go to Haiti on our short-term missions trips to see firsthand what God is doing at Baptist Haiti Mission. Short-term teams are given a multitude of ways to make a critical kingdom investment: helping the local church with evangelistic outreaches, vacation Bible schools, student camps, community development, and much more.
We Are Committed to the Church
The church is the bride of Christ, the pillar and buttress of the truth, and the one to whom God has given the task of equipping the saints. Our task is to support, encourage, come alongside, and partner with the church. While students are at camp, we make sure that our church leaders are aware and involved in what is happening in every student’s life. In fact, we even send follow-up letters to encourage and remind churches that it is their responsibility to disciple, equip, and encourage students after camp. When we take groups to Haiti, we strategically partner with the church in Haiti in everything that we do. Our commitment to the church extends to our beautiful properties. We keep them open and available year round so that churches can host getaways, retreats, staff meetings, and whatever else they may need. We also provide training weekends, offer a staff of trained and experienced regional consultants, and produce resources. All of this is done in an effort support, encourage, equip, and partner with the local church. We are thankful for the support of the Kentucky Baptist Convention Cooperative Program, which helps make all of this possible.
Reaching More People for Christ
We aim to create a God-focused experience at Crossings every day. Crossings stewards a 60-year history of Kentucky Baptists proclaiming the Gospel. Kentucky Baptists have faithfully preached the Gospel, taught the Bible, seen lives transformed, and called all to worship God wholeheartedly for sixty years. Crossings has been a part of this since 2001. Our hope and prayer is that we can continue reaching more people for Christ for the next sixty years and beyond.