We create experiences to proclaim the Gospel.
- Gospel-infused — Every camp, event, resource, and retreat is focused intentionally on proclaiming and showing the Gospel to our guests. The Gospel preached through God’s word and embodied on the lips of God’s people is the only means for life change.
- Bible-Saturated — God’s Word, through the power of the Holy Spirit, has the sole power to change lives (2 Timothy 3:14-17; Hebrews 4:12; 2 Peter 1:3-4; James 1:22-25). Because the Word of God alone has this power, you will find our camps saturated with practical and robust biblical teaching. Every student and kid will have the opportunity to open their Bible and consider God’s Word at least four times every single day.
- Intensive Relationships — We build relationships for the purpose of discipleship (2 Timothy 2:1-2). In partnership with the local church, we are called to make disciples who observe everything that Jesus commands (Matthew 28:18-20).
- Church Connected — God has tasked the local church with equipping the saints. Therefore, in everything we do, our role is one of strategic support and partnership (Ephesians 4:9-16). Our camps require churches to bring their students because we want to protect and foster the relationship between students and the church.
- Vibrant Worship — We work diligently to provide a worship program that teaches God’s Word through song and is relevant, energetic, and invites students to participate and engage. Worship is the goal of our redemption and we want every student to experience Christ-centered and God-glorifying worship.
- Safe & Secure Environment — we view student and children’s lives as precious. We also hold all of our customers trust in us as a sacred trust. For this reason, we have gated properties filled with staff who are prepared to protect your kids and students. Further, we require all adults to have background checks and strictly enforce our Child Protection Policy in order to protect the emotional and psychological safety of students and kids as well.
The following six values guide how we work together and serve churches.
- Embody a Christ-like Character
- Pursue Excellence — learn, create, evaluate, and respond.
- Honor Up, Down, and All Around — always and only value, edify, and speak well of others.
- Be a Servant — see a need, meet a need. #WhateverItTakes
- Mission First — organization over personal.
- Have fun!
Crossings Ministries has a rich history that testifies to God’s work in changing lives through his Gospel. We are grateful that our legacy includes thousands of young students who have repented of their sins and followed Christ while at camp. We are eager to press forward in the endeavor of proclaiming the Gospel and of being used by God to see lives changed. We are also eager to continue our partnership with the local church, serving and supporting their mission of presenting “every man complete in Christ” (Colossians 1:28).
God is in the business of changing lives. Every day in all kinds of places and in all kinds of situations, God is changing lives. Student camps are just one arena in which God works every day. Yet, student camps create a unique experience whereby the normal distractions of life, school, work, and responsibility can be set aside. This distraction-free environment allows us to proclaim the Gospel, teach God’s Word, and invite students and adults alike to reorient their focus to God. As students hear the Gospel proclaimed and the Word of God taught, they are invited to assess their lives and to adjust their lives to match the standard of God’s calling. It is this deliberate focus that creates the opportunity for powerful life change at camp.
We Are Committed to Kids and Students
Today, the need to reach students with the message of the Gospel is critical. The world and culture surrounding them is as evil as it has ever been. Students are tempted constantly with the allure of materialism, success, and sinful pleasure. We need to reach today’s students and children with the timeless truth of the Gospel. We need to call students to deny themselves, take up their cross, and to follow Christ. We need to call students to dedicate their lives to faithful discipleship. We want to see students find true joy in an abiding relationship with their heavenly Father and Creator.
We Are Committed to Missions
While we are passionate about proclaiming the Gospel to students, we also are committed to proclaiming the Gospel to the ends of the earth. In fact, at every camp, we invite students to consider how they can obey the Great Commission. We invite students to give to missions every summer. Our 2018 camps raised over $120,000 for Baptist Haiti Mission. We invite students and churches to go to Haiti on our short-term missions trips to see firsthand what God is doing at Baptist Haiti Mission. Short-term teams are given a multitude of ways to make a critical kingdom investment: helping the local church with evangelistic outreaches, vacation Bible schools, student camps, community development, and much more. Our 2019 missions offering will go to support Chicago Church planting. We invite our churches to attend Crossings On Mission with us in June 2019 to experience the day-to-day life of a church planter firsthand.
We Are Committed to the Church
The church is the bride of Christ, the pillar and buttress of the truth, and the one to whom God has given the task of equipping the saints. Our task is to support, encourage, come alongside, and partner with the church. While students are at camp, we make sure that our church leaders are aware and involved in what is happening in every student’s life. In fact, we even send follow-up letters to encourage and remind churches that it is their responsibility to disciple, equip, and encourage students after camp. When we take groups to Haiti, we strategically partner with the church in Haiti in everything that we do. Our commitment to the church extends to our beautiful properties. We keep them open and available year round so that churches can host getaways, retreats, staff meetings, and whatever else they may need. All of this is done as an effort support, encourage, equip, and partner with the local church. We are thankful for the support of the Kentucky Baptist Convention Cooperative Program, which helps make all of this possible.
Reaching More People for Christ
We aim to create a God-focused experience at Crossings every day. Crossings stewards a 60-year history of Kentucky Baptists proclaiming the Gospel. Kentucky Baptists have faithfully preached the Gospel, taught the Bible, seen lives transformed, and called all to worship God wholeheartedly for sixty years. Crossings has been a part of this since 2001. Our hope and prayer is that we can continue reaching more people for Christ for the next sixty years and beyond.
Crossings Ministries Accredited by National Financial Accountability Organization
LOUISVILLE, KY – The ECFA (Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability) announced today the accreditation of Crossings Ministries of Louisville, KY.
ECFA accreditation is based on the ECFA Seven Standards of Responsible Stewardship™, including financial accountability, transparency, sound board governance and ethical fundraising.
Crossings Ministries joins a growing number of Christ-centered churches and ministries across America, supported by over 27 million donors that have earned the right to display the ECFA seal. When an organization is accredited by ECFA, it demonstrates its willingness to follow the model of biblical accountability.
“We are pleased to accredit a ministry committed to proclaim the gospel and to see God transform lives, grow leaders, and partner with the church to the glory of Christ,” said Dan Busby, president of ECFA.
Founded in 1997, Crossings Ministries (www.gocrossings.org) is committed to children and students, missions, the church, and reaching the lives of unbelievers through the camp and rental business.
To learn more about Crossings Ministries and their stewardship opportunities, visit ServantMatch®, ECFA’s program that matches God’s servants with the stewardship options of ECFA members based on ministry sectors and categories. It is ECFA’s newest online feature that allows you to quickly and easily find giving opportunities.
ECFA, founded in 1979, provides accreditation to leading Christian nonprofit organizations that faithfully demonstrate compliance with the ECFA Standards pertaining to financial accountability, fundraising and board governance. For more information about ECFA, including information about accreditation and a listing of ECFA-accredited members, visit www.ECFA.org or call 1-800-323-9473.